Monday, September 8, 2008

Coupon mania=wedding purchases

This weekend I decided to knock out some shopping for a few wedding related items. Armed with a multitude of coupons and my shopping sidekick girlfriend, Latoya, we made our way to the first stop on the list, Kohls. I was actually browsing for my wedding day jewelry when I decided to check out their frames to see if they sold the Ether Umbra Frame that I could use for the sand ceremony. Amazingly they had the frames, 3 of them actually, and on sale for $14.99! Needless to say, this was a checkmark off the list.

Next stop was the mall where we went to Macys to find the jewelry. I had in my mind the type of look I was going for; chandelier earrings with a beautiful bracelet and possibly a simple necklace to match. Not just typical chandelier earrings, I wanted a bronze colored antique look also. I found my sparkly gems at Macys but I found a better selection of bracelets at Boscovs. Jewelry, check.

On Sunday, we hit the road again, this time to head back to the Linens n Things store we scoped out the day before (unfortunately, we left our coupons home on Saturday and refused to purchase without taking advantage of a little savings). At LNT, I purchased cocktail table candles which I plan to sit atop a small pile of sand. Cute, and they only cost me $3.00 each. Good find in my opinion.


AC Moore takes Michaels coupons so I decided to look for a signature mat that I could get 40% off the price. Lucky for me, they had a beautiful cherry wood frame I got for $17 and I just added another mat to it to give me more signing room. I also bought pink and brown pins for the guests to sign the mat and some decorations for the treasure chest card box we'll have at the reception.

Ultimately, this was a productive and cost effective wedding related weekend!

No comments: