Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I've got the MOH blues

Well, I called my MOH (Maid of Honor) today to see how she was doing and it wasn't a great conversation. For the entire 13 minute conversation I kept asking questions to spark conversation, but she'd only give me one word answers, if she answered at all.

You see, my MOH has been in a hospital, the mental ward nonetheless, since July 15, my 30th birthday. Apparently, she had too much on her financial and emotional plate to handle. It's amazing to talk to someone one day and all is well and then the next she sounds like a totally different person.

I still call her my MOH because that's what she is even though reality is telling me everyday that I'll be lucky if she can even ATTEND the wedding, let alone stand next to me. I just pray for her to get out of that damn hospital and back to her life. I miss her and I love her. I just called her sister to get any updates she might have that I don't know about, but I have a feeling she is just wasting time and withering away, physically and mentally, in that hospital.

No comments: