Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Celebration of Love!

Today is my Parents' 42nd wedding anniversary and Daddy's birthday. Yes, he was vain enough to get married on his birthday. Because it's the middle of the week, Mike and I opted to celebrate with them on Sunday, since I'm off work. So, more than likely, we'll take them to dinner where ever they want to go and of course get them each a nice gift. I might be able to talk Mike into getting a small cake, but I'll settle for dessert at the restaurant; still trying to watch what I eat, somewhat, the big day is right around the corner.

Both of our parents represent something that isn't seen too often nowadays when it comes to marriage. When Momma Kay passed, her and Pops (my affectionate name for Mike's Dad) celebrated 51 years of marriage. Unfortunately, Pops was in the hospital on their anniversary so they didn't get to actually celebrate that day, but when he got home I'm sure the sparks flew! Between our parents that's almost a century of anniversaries! They have truly taught us what marriage is all about and we have them to thank for it. I can only pray that we will be blessed to have so many years together as well.

No comments: