Friday, September 19, 2008

Honeymoon is booked!

I am so glad this is done! We are using our timeshare so I put in our request in March for Aruba. Mike had shot down Hawaii from the very beginning because he didn't want to do the long flight. So Aruba was suggested to us and seemed like a great choice. Problem is February is one of the peak months for travel, so our choices were limited; Aruba wasn't even available until yesterday. I started getting nervous because here we are with 5 months to the wedding and no honeymoon booked. Other availabilities included: Costa Del Sol, Spain, Argentina, and Mexico (North Baja), and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Spain would be chilly in February and since we wanted beach weather, that one was out. The resort in Mexico looked so-so, but not honeymoon worthy. Lastly, the resort in Dominican Republic, the Sun Village Resort and Spa looked amazing and gets rave reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com/ but we went to Punta Cana, DR a few years ago, and couldn't stand the nasty attitudes of some of the people or the resort where we stayed, the Barcelo Bavaro Palace. Ugh, stay away from this place. So, our opinion of the DR was somewhat tainted by that experience, which made me hesitant to book Puerto Plata. The good thing is I didn't have to make a choice; Aruba it is! As a bonus, Mike agreed to go to Hawaii for our 1st year anniversary since he knows that's where I really wanted to go. Every since I was a child, I always wanted to go to Hawaii, so that's our compromise. Works for me. These first two pictures are of the beautiful beach across from the resort where we'll be staying, La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club, and the outdoor massage spot at the Manchebo Beach's Spa Del Sol. Can't wait for the couples' massage!



Madame Janettes is a restaurant I keep reading about that everyone who goes to Aruba adores. This is a picture of the surf and turf dinner that I will most definitely order. Yummy...Here's a picture of the resort in the background and the pool.
Another shot of the beautiful pool at the resort. The other photo is the new natural bridge, which I hear is a must see in Aruba. The original bridge collapsed.

This should be an amazing honeymoon and I am so looking forward to it. =)

No comments: