Sunday, September 28, 2008

Party or Not?

It has come to my attention that there seems to be some problems with organizing a bridal shower and bacholerette party for me. Different bridesmaids are saying different things to Mike and it's starting to annoy me. You wanna know how I really feel? Listen, yes, I know that the only obligation of the bridal party is to buy the dress and be there wedding day. Who said that I don't know, but I understand it, not necessarily agree with but understand. It seems to me that being in a bridal party, may cost more than buying a dress. Period. Especially if things are discussed beforehand. They asked me what I wanted early on, I'm talking about over a year ago when the wedding was originally planned for Jamaica. I told them then I wanted a shower and b-party, you asked so I told.

After my sister dropped out of the wedding party and my MOH wound up in the hospital, one of the bridesmaids seemed to be taking the initiative. She asked me to email her the places I wanted to go. That was months ago, so obviously going anywhere out of the state or country is out of the question. Fine. Recently 2 of them asked for the list of who I wanted to invite. Okay, I put that together, now I'm hearing all these excuses. Why ask me then?

What this really boils down to is this: don't ask me what I want and act like you're planning it when it doesn't seem like much progress is being made. When I'm hearing that this one doesn't have the cash, that one has this obligation, another one is waiting for everyone else to call her and so on. Cool, I understand that you all have lives and my wedding is important to me, it should be. However, let me know straight up, so I can plan accordingly. No I'm not going to throw myself a shower. But I will set up something local where those who want to party with me can and those who don't won't. Simple as that.

This wedding thing is only a one time deal for me. I want to remember it as such. Without the drama and without the passing the buck.

No comments: