Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Three's a company

On June 7, 2008, or as us brides knew the day, 06/07/08, Mike lost his mother. She had been in the hospital for 9 weeks prior to the Lord calling her home. Of course this was and still is a very devastating experience, especially when you don't expect it, and let's face it, no one is ever prepared for something like this.

I still remember how happy we all were at their 50th wedding anniversary party that we threw for them in our home February 2007. Who knew a year and a half later we'd be here? Life is funny like that.

Well, Pops, as I call him, Mike's dad and my future-father-in-law, now resides with us. He decided he no longer wanted to live in the home he shared with his wife, too many memories he says. Can't say I blame him. I enjoy his company and Mike's other siblings call often to check on him. Last night we stayed up until 3am after I got off work, talking and watching something on TV about the old country westerns actors. I still look at him sometimes and my heart hurts because I see how much he misses her. Like he told me last night, it hurts to lose your parent, but your spouse is a whole 'nother thing. I can feel him on that. Just keep praying for us all.

No comments: