Thursday, September 25, 2008

Added DIY project

I first saw the DIY monogram aisle runner on The Knot and immediately decided I would do one myself. Then I changed my mind, going for a more simple look. Once again, I have changed my mind and just placed my order for my aisle runner. I found an ivory floral lace runner on eBay for $13.95. It is 50 feet in length, as is the aisle I will be walking down. It also comes with the tape to secure it.

I went to Michaels today, and using my 50% off coupon and a 40% off coupon from AC Moore (they take competitors coupons) purchased the brushes and paint for my monogram. This is the monogram I am going to use:




My inspiration for the ceremony decor comes from Knottie Bridestarr, whose aisle was decorated like this:

I plan to have petals on the sides as well, either one or two colors mixed instead of separate like her photo. There will be a swag of tulle and the aisle will be closed off so guests will be seated from the outside. I can't wait until it comes in so I can get started. =)



No comments: