Monday, February 9, 2009

New Toy....

After weeks of procrastinating, Mike and I finally went out camera shopping today. Actually, the only reason we went was because the camera I already own won't accept a larger xd picture card so all we'd be able to take is about 100 pictures while we're gone for 3 weeks, total. So, we needed a new camera.

I asked my knotties girls awhile ago which brands they recommend and the majority ruled for Canon or Nikon. Well, the first camera store we went to today, a Fuji was shown to us for $119.00. Not a bad price, but eh, I figured we should at least hit Circuit City before deciding, since they're going out of business. Might find a great sale! Tsk, We got to CC and judging by the limited products left, we were too late. Most of the displays read "last one!", which meant buy off the rack with no accessories. I need at least a manual! I'm one of those people that gets a new gadget and reads the manual from front to back. So, CC was a no go.

I decided I'd go back to the first store and just get the Fuji, but this Internet queen couldn't resist checking online to see what I could find at such short notice. (We need the camera by Friday) I found this Canon on amazon.com for a great price. The reviews are pretty good too. I also purchased a 4gb memory card and paid for 2 day delivery, so my new toy should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait to read the manual on the plane Saturday!

No comments: