Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Master Cleanse

So, I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I still have some weight I could stand to lose. I love the way my dress looks on me and all, and am happy with how much weight I've lost thus far, but there's always room for improvement. So, I'm starting the Master Cleanse.

I've heard people talking about this cleanse, and honestly never thought much of it. The last time we (Mike and I) did a cleanse was right before Thanksgiving. The results were wonderful; we both lost weight and felt great. That cleanse was for 30 days. No time for that now so I'm giving this one a try.

Before you think I'm about to starve myself, I've researched the hell out of this cleanse. Celebrities have used it; most notably, Beyonce when she lost 20 pounds for her role in Dreamgirls. From the numerous blogs I've read, it actually works when done correctly. The time on the cleanse varies from 3 days all the way to 45 days. I'm giving it 10 days this go around.

This cleanse has been around for more than 50 years and obviously used for just as long. For more information on the cleanse just google it. It's also known as the Lemonade Diet or Maple Syrup Diet. There's a ton of information out there on it but I'll give you the short version: drink laxative tea at night, have sea salt water in the morning (to aid in elimination), then during the course of the day have 60-120 ounces of the lemonade. The lemonade is made up of maple syrup, lemons, water, and cayenne pepper. Check any of the websites and they'll give the list of what you need to get started. I highly recommend reading everything you can before trying this cleanse.

No comments: