Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey day!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for today; so much that I can't be mad at those who try to bring me down. Thankful that we are truly blessed, no matter what happens. Family has arrived and we are cooking something up! All in attendance are Mike's brother, his wife and their grandson from North Carolina, my MOH's son (MOH had to work, :( ), Pops, Mike's brother from Florida, and his cousin Jr. Unfortunately, my mom came down with the flu, so my parents are unable to attend :( I'll save you guys a plate, don't worry!

Mike started the turkey and homemade stuffing this morning and he should be on his way back from picking up his other brother from the airport. In the meantime, I'm working on the cabbage with smoked turkey, baked macaroni and cheese, and the potato salad is DONE. Whew, I can't wait.

The only thing left is the yams with pineapple and the cornbread, which I'll start last.

On another note, I decided to call shiit starter bridesmaid and let her know there was no need to think about whether or not she wanted to be in the wedding. I was making the decision for her; I told her very nicely, just come to the wedding, if you still intend to do that, and have a good time. I wished her a Happy Thanksgiving and told her to enjoy her family before ending the conversation and that's that. I feel relieved because the women I have left truly want to stand next to me and they belong there. If you have to think about whether you want to participate, like you're doing me a favor when you started all the drama, thanks but not thanks.

So on to enjoy the holidays with loved ones and true friends. To all of you, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: