Monday, November 17, 2008

Dresses....all of them!

Whew, it's been a few days since I last posted. Well, I took Wendy to the bridal salon and she tried on the dress Missy ordered. The top is a little snug but she can fit the bottom. So the top just needs to be taken out a little. We're good there, the only suggestion I had to make to Wendy was that she order her own dress because of the cost of her having to take the top out seems to cost more than just ordering her own dress in the right size. Needless to say, Wendy is non-conflict so she already decided to keep Missy's dress AND give her $50 on the deposit. WHAT!? It's not my business, but when you drop out of a wedding after you paid your deposit and you know there aren't any refunds, you lose your money, that simple. Plus she has to pay to alter the top, so I would've offered her $30 at most, and if that, to offset the cost. Let's face it: she wouldn't be getting a thing if it weren't for Wendy.

On to my dress, I go to the salon to check it out. It's gorgeous, the right color, but hopefully the right size. I think about trying it on until Debbie (owner) says I must pay the balance right then and there to try it on. Wow. I wasn't prepared for that. I ask her why is that? She says we can consider it the first fitting. OK. How? She goes on to say some salons give you 30 days to pay the balance; basically telling me she's lenient compared to few. I beg to differ. I leave it alone because at the time I'm thinking no biggie. Until I speak to my girlfriend who was married a year ago and used Arlenes also. She told me she tried on her dress numerous times before the actual fitting. She's the go-off type, so seriously, she's going off now after I tell her what Debbie says. And she referred me there. So, I'm going to call and ask them what happens if I try my dress on in Jan, or even Dec. for fittings and it doesn't fit, then what? I have no doubts it'll fit but still, you know what I mean.

I think Debbie needs to take a chill pill, seriously. The economy is not doing well now so the last thing you want to do is lose business behind some stupid stuff, and it could happen.

No comments: