Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Everything happens for a reason....

The bridesmaids dresses came in! I love them. They are more goldish (light) looking than I anticipated but that's what makes them even more elegant. So the same day I find out they are here, one of the bridesmaids calls me and tells me she's pregnant. We talk for about an hour because there are some issues that she's concerned with being pregnant. Not health issues, more so HER issues, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the next day she tells me all is good and we joke about how the baby should be born sometime in July. (Both of us are July babies, lol) Then she bust out, "So you don't mind a big belly in your pictures?" Wow. I know some people have this whole wedding thing twisted but I didn't think she would think her pregnancy would be an issue. I tell her, of course I don't mind, but I am honest with her when I say I don't think the dress will fit her. The dress was ordered in August and it wasn't ordered with a baby belly in mind. We talk a few minutes about the dress and I let her know, basically there's nothing the salon can do but rush order her another dress. I can tell she's really not up for being in this wedding either.

She keeps apologizing and asking if I have someone to replace her; again the twisted minds of some regarding weddings. I explained to her, I'm not calling in stand ins just for the sake of it. She hits me with one last one, well, your sides are going to be uneven, referring to the number of guys versus girls in the bridal party. I exhale first; listen, who cares about even sides? I asked people I am close to, to stand up there next to me. Sheesh.

Granted, she has been getting on my nerves since day 1, actually her and another one. The color of the dress was too bright, not those shoes, not that day, etc..Don't even let me tell you how they are complaining to the one bridesmaid who actually took the initiative to put together a bridal shower and bachelorette party for me. Basically, in a nutshell, I wanted these two to drop out. It seems they are going out of their way to say and do the opposite of everything I ask of them. And then to give the other bridesmaid a hard time lets me know they'd be happy if nothing were to happen for me, since they don't want to contribute their time or finances to it.

So everything happens for a reason; she's pregnant, I'm happy for her, but I'm glad she decided not to order another dress. There was no way to kick her out of the wedding without ending what we call a friendship, so it's better this way. No hard feelings on either side; she made the choice but she keeps saying sorry, she feels she let me down. She did, but not by getting pregnant, that's life.

But don't apologize hun; secretly, I'm rejoicing.

No comments: