Monday, November 24, 2008

More drama....BP of course!

I get a call today from one of my associates who's been talking to the upset bridesmaid I talked about a couple of days ago. (Long email, remember? yeh, that one) Basically she's requesting that I talk to the other 2 girls so they can call bridesmaid B and let her know where everything stands as far as the bridal shower and bachelorette party.

I really let her know how I felt. I explained for the last time how I have NOTHING to do with it. What can't these people understand? I didn't plan a thing, and am not interested in what their juvenile feud is all about. Just don't eff up my parties, that's all I care about. Honestly. As long as we can have a good time without any childish whispering or cliques being formed, eyes rolling, or whatever, I'm good. Seriously, these girls need to grow the eff up. I'm so over this chit.

I further explained to her that there are always 3 sides to the story: what she heard, the other girls' side and the TRUTH. We don't even know what we really happened to cause this rift, only what they each have told us. All I told her was I'll see what I can do. She wants me to be a damn mediator between them. Puhlease! I DON'T CARE!

After I calmed down a bit, Mike called me and I told him about the phone call. He's pissed. Tired of people calling me with the bs and really to the point that he'd like to give everyone their deposits back (for the dresses) and tell them we'll see them at the wedding. That's even if they came after being told there's no more bridal party. I mean, can you blame him? This is becoming beyond annoying. In essence, what they've done, all of them, is turn this thing into being about them and forgetting the only reason why this is happening in the first place: Carla and Michael's wedding. Hello? It's not about you! Get over yourselves, swallow your pride and play nice for the good of the people you claim to love, Carla and Michael. Remember them?

Mike made a good point: this is so much about egos and pride. One bridesmaid wants to do it all after she got some negative feedback on one thing and the other doesn't want me to think she didn't want to help, or more than likely doesn't want the other girl to take ALL the credit for planning everything. It's not that serious people. Chill the eff out.

In a compromise, Mike is going to call both of them tonight on the 3 way, like they're high school girls all over again instead of grown women over 30 with children of their own, and try to get to the bottom of it. The point is, if bridesmaid A doesn't want B to help out, tell her that and keep it moving. The way it seems now B wants to help, and A isn't trying to hear her right now.

I just don't want to hear about it anymore. Done deal.

No comments: