Friday, November 21, 2008

Inhale, exhale, repeat.

Here we go again. Last night I get a long email from one of the bridesmaids basically telling me and Mike (she CC'd him) that she's "feeling some type way about the wedding". Her feelings stem from quite a few issues that really either have nothing to do with my doing or are so minimal that they shouldn't matter.

Issue 1: I didn't tell her the dresses were in. Hello? The salon instructed me not to tell the girls the dresses were in. Why? Because fittings won't start until mid December or early January. No need to run to the salon, especially since they want the balance paid before you even slip into the dress. The way most are complaining they are broke, figured you might want to use the extra time before dishing out any funds.

Issue 2: Why I didn't tell her pregnant bridesmaid dropped out and another girl was in. Why didn't I tell her? Because I didn't feel the need to. Seriously, after sending 2 separate emails at separate times about the MOH, who was a possible in or out, and then my sister dropping out as Matron of Honor, I didn't feel up to it. Simple as that. It's really not necessary; plus pregnant girl calls her everyday so you mean to tell me she didn't tell you? I know she did. Stop it.

Issue 3: 2 of the girls won't call or email her back about the bridal shower/bachelorette plans. And I have what to do with this? Seriously, I don't know what they are planning and I'm not supposed to know. I love surprises! They haven't called you back for their reasons that guess what? They can tell you best. So I called them both and asked them to put their differences aside or whatever the issue is and just give her a ring and fill her in. Done.

Issue 4: Oh yeah, this was a loooonnnnngggg email. Issue 4 is why is Mike all in my business? Excuse me? First of all, I met this bridesmaid through Mike. She is supposed to be his female BF. Cool. We became cool over the years, hence her inclusion in the wedding party. So, I explain to her that Mike is only involved because he wanted to make sure things were happening or at least going smoothly. If Mike had to plan the bridal shower himself, it was going down. He just wants to make sure I'm happy and I get treated as I deserve.

Before I could call her Mike promptly called her and let her know, his words, how selfish it was of her to email me that long novel when I don't need to be stressed. He also told her it would've been best to call instead of an informal email with matters that you feel are THAT serious. After she talks to Mike, she calls me and apologizes if she upset me but she just wanted to let me know that she wanted to be involved in planning "my special day." I'm so tired of this reference; it's the last thing pregnant girl said before bowing out. Some special day to you, huh. Not really.

All I know is there aren't many people who are going to be as excited about your wedding as you are, for whatever the reason. This experience thus far has been an eye opening one; I know who's really friends of mine and I know who to keep at an arms distance. Funny I had warning signs before that I overlooked but my eyes are wide open now, believe me honey.

Sorry this is so long, I just needed to get this out and what better place to do it! I am determined not to allow anyone to aggravate me, stress me or take away from the wonderful time that's to be had by all. The shower is planned for January 31, 2008 (Mikes' mom's birthday, actually). I already have my keepsake invite, which is gorgeous by the way! I'm so thankful to have people there who actually do want to make sure that I have a good send off from being a bachelorette to becoming a Mrs. in 3 months.

No comments: