Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our registering experience

Yesterday we went to Bed Bath & Beyond to register, finally. We had a really nice young lady helping us out; she is actually getting married in January and also registered at BB&B. Well, first she asked if we wanted to register for china. Mike and I looked at each other for a sec and then I spoke up, simply with a "sure". Lauren, our rep, showed us a huge book of different sets, which in my opinion were a little on the pricey side. Lauren immediately told us not to worry about prices, or else we would go crazy. She really hit the nail on the head. So, we picked out a moderately priced piece of china. Whatever. (This is Leo and I before we left to register.)

The main thing is BB&B gives the bride and groom "incentives" to register for certain items. For example, if your registry has $500 in Calphalon products, they send you a free knife (retails around $50, or something like that). So while we are walking around the store with Lauren, we're adding things to the registry with the free gifts in mind also.

Overall, it was a fun 3 hour experience. Yes, 3 hours. We were in almost every room and chose items from art to bathroom items. We added a broad price range of products also, from $9.99 to $249. It wasn't like that from the beginning, I must admit. The first product we looked at was cookware. Of course, Calphalon. Well, I let Lauren talk me into adding the 2nd most expensive set to the registry: a 12 piece non stick set for $449. What the hell was I thinking?

Honestly, I thought about it more today and took it off the registry. I added a less expensive set. People are going to buy you what they can afford; people might pool their money together to get a more expensive item but I feel better now that it's not as expensive. Either way, I like that BB&B keeps the registry active for 2 years and gives us a 10% discount 2 months after the wedding to purchase our items off the registry. Plus, you know I KEEP the coupons and I have already started accumulating 20% coupons. They take expired coupons too. I have at least 5 now and counting!

No comments: