Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gotta love the knotties!

This is why I love the knot, not only do I get to talk with other women who are going through some of the same things I am, so they can totally relate, but because we share many similar ideas, former brides are always selling something you can find useful! I love it!

Right now I am in the process of making purchases from 3 different knotties. Knottie jenn248 is shipping me 15 easels that I plan to use at various locations throughout the reception. I know I'm not going to need that many for the reception tables, only if all 120 people come, which I doubt. So whatever is left over, I will use to hold the cocktail menu at the bar, a sign by the guestbook, possibly a memorial table sign, the possibilities are endless! Can you tell I'm excited?

The easels are from IKEA and while I thought they were the cutest things to hold table numbers, I didn't feel like going to IKEA to look for them. IKEA is nowhere around me. So this deal works out perfect. Plus, this knottie also had 12 kids activity sheets which is perfect. I was going to hit the dollar stores for kiddie stuff, but I am getting all 12 for $2. Hello? Total sale price $16 with shipping. Deal.

My 2nd find is from knottie Emmie2008. I am purchasing coral (pink) flip flops from her. I was going to purchase them online; how ironic that she posts she's selling 2 pairs, white also, and in my size? The flip flops retail at a little over $35 with free shipping from Shoebuy but I'm saving $10 getting them from her. Savings is savings, no matter how much! Deal.

3rd and final find is still up in the air; this knottie is selling a piece of fuchsia fabric that she used for her arch. The fabric is 27 inches wide, 16 feet long. I'm actually waiting to hear back from my florist, Jonathan's Flowers, to see if he can work with it and what he thinks about it.

I will post pics of everything after I get it.

No comments: