Saturday, January 31, 2009

My shower is today!

January 31, 2008. Besides being the date for my shower, today is also Momma's birthday. Some of you may remember that we lost her 7 months ago, so today is filled with various emotions. Pops looks so sad and I feel helpless that I can't do anything to ease his pain. Mike went to North Carolina this weekend, not only to get his car inspected but to put flowers on his Mom's grave.
We'll get through this. I just know wedding day is going to have the same roller coaster of emotions.

On the upside, as I said my shower starts at 2 pm. I need to start getting ready. Mike's sister, niece, and Toya (Shaq's wife) are at the mall now doing last minute shopping. Slow as usual =)

I also got the hint that my bachelorette party is tonight also. I was only told to bring an overnight bag. Oooo, the suspense! I know it's going to be in New York, thanks to the bitter bridesmaid that's no longer with us, but I don't know all the details. Which is good, because I love surprises!

I'll be back with a full report and of course pics!

No comments: