Friday, January 16, 2009

I knew this was coming....

the RSVP madness. Why don't people just send the damn cards back? I paid money for that little stamp on the back that you've wasted. Thanks.

I think a few of my guests hit a new record. Ignore. Have you been ignored by guests that you felt enough about to invite to your wedding? Well then.

After we passed our RSVP date last Saturday, Mike nearly flipped a gasket. I tried to tell him to calm down and wait a few more days before calling people because some people are just late, slow whatever you want to call them. He called a few people anyway, whatever, his prerogative. I even texted a few on Sunday just telling them I need their RSVPs, hoping they would drop them in the mail on Monday.

So by Wednesday when only 1 of the like, 12 people sent the card back, I'm starting to get pissed. A few answered me by text right away letting me know they were coming just kept forgetting to put it in the mail, yadda yadda yadda. But there were some that just straight ignored my text and still hadn't sent a card. What gives?

Finally I start getting on the phone yesterday. One girl sends me an email totally unrelated to the wedding; I think it was in response to something I forwarded to her that I received. I quickly emailed her back asking what she was going to do, accepts or declines? She finally answers, no, but I'll be at your shower! Okay. The other girl I called, I got her answering machine and left her a message to please call me. 2 minutes later I see my MOH, Mary at work and we're talking about the RSVPs and she said, wait I'm going to call her right now. Guess what? Mary gets her on the phone! I can tell from Mary's end of the convo that the girl is telling her how she's scared to fly, blah blah blah. Finally the answer is no. Why couldn't she just tell me that or better yet send the damn postage paid RSVP postcard back with declines checked off so I know what to do.

People just don't get it but I never thought people were scared, for lack of a better word, to just say no. It's okay. I knew when I planned a destination wedding that everyone wasn't going to be able to make it. And that's fine. That's part of the reason we planned one ;-) lol.

No comments: