Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bridesmaid gifts

I headed to the mall on Saturday and racked up on body lotions, shower gels, and lip gloss from Bath and Body Works and Victorias Secret. Got a great deal also! Most of the stuff was on sale, actually everything was on sale so I paid as little as $1 for some of the bottles. Lastly, I ordered personalized bracelets for each girl from the knot gift shop. I should receive them any day now. On top of that, Mike and I had already agreed to pay a portion of their hair and make-up, if not pay for it all ourselves. If we do pay in full, it will be a surprise to them. For now, all they know is I'm putting down the initial deposit. So their gifts are a wrap. =)

For me, I finally purchased a pair of white boy shorts to wear the wedding date which I'm going to use the Mrs. iron on to jazz them up a bit. I also went to Things Remembered and got our cake server set engraved with our names and wedding date. They did a good job, but they charge a fee for engraving things not purchased from their store on top of the fee for engraving. Whatever. It was still pretty cheap. Oh, and they charge you based on the value of the item you bought in to be engraved.

So I had a productive weekend but I still feel like there's a million things left to do. I swear I can't sleep without dreaming of something wedding related. Good night :-)

No comments: