Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beyond words

Friday December 12, 2008 started out as any other day. I finished class early, done by 12 noon. Very good Homicide course that lasted 2 1/2 days. I decided to go up north to pick up Pops and bring him home. On the way, I stopped at the post office to get pricing for our invites. They're going to cost us a whopping $4.02 per invite to ship. Holy cow! I didn't expect that, but hey, it's the invites I wanted, so that's that.

Got home, started putting the stamps on the RSVP postcards and waited for Mike to get home before stuffing each box. An hour later, done. The night was going well, and I was looking forward to hitting the post office bright and early the next morning.

And then the unthinkable happens. That monkey wrench that comes out of nowhere. The devil at work and at his best. You know, good vs. evil. I now know what it means when there are people praying for blessings for you while there are others praying for the opposite. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but since this experience is a part of the overall experience of wedding planning and this roller coaster ride called life, I decided to at least include this much here. When I re-read it later it will serve as a reminder of all we have endured to get to February 20, 2009.

No comments: