Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 months to go!

2 more months! The time flew by; it feels like I was just in July and hadn't even ordered my dress yet. The invites went out yesterday. They cost more than I expected but what the hell, I love them. This is the finished box we sent them in, stuffed with raffia:

We wound up using the return address labels that we used on the save the dates and the clear labels that I intended to use for the save the dates but didn't. So it worked out.

Funny story: I wanted to use the burned edges parchment paper for the address labels on the boxes to match the invitations. So about 2 weeks ago, I'm sitting in the family room with a candle, a bucket of water just in case the fire gets out of control, and of course the parchment paper. So I start burning my first piece. I'm slowly working my way around the paper when one side gets out of control! I can't blow out the fire quick enough so in a panic I toss the paper in the bucket of water. My mom is laughing at me and Mike is in "I told you so" mode. Needless to say, that's why the clear labels are there, lol.

No comments: