Monday, August 25, 2008

Bridesmaids Dresses





I am happy to report that finally bridesmaids dresses and colors have been agreed upon! The top picture is what I had envisoned but two of the girls weren't too keen on wearing the "really bright pink". I brought Mike along with me to the salon to meet with them a couple of weeks ago, and guess what? Mike loved the pink. So, I'm thinking, pink it is. Then Maria, who helped me with my dress, asked Mike what the guys were wearing and after he told her she came up with the gorgeous combo of champagne dresses with expresso trim. I love it! He loved it! So it is. The dress to my left is just to give you an idea of the color but the girls actually liked the separates, pictured above. So each girl will wear the same bottom but different tops in champagne with expresso trim. One of my girls, Mary picked the top pictured above.
All but two girls have been in to the shops to get measured and leave their deposits so we'll see what happens by the deadline August 29, 2008.
Let me just add something: I get some flack from people when I tell them I changed my bridesmaid dress colors. Everyone that knows me knows I am a pink fiend. Yes, I love it but not many others do. That being said, it is my wedding but I don't want uncomfortable and irritable bridesmaids standing next to me because they are unhappy in what they are wearing. I let them pick what they wanted to wear in the color of my choice. Hell, they're paying for it, not me so why not try to compromise? Believe me if I really wanted pink that's what it would have been and the girls would have purchased it, but not with a smile I'm sure. :)
Either way, I am truly happy with the new bridesmaids color scheme and I think it will look amazing with the hot pink flowers they will carry.
I think shoes and jewelry will be the same concept: I will give them a color for the shoes and let them wear whatever jewelry they please. I am not into that matchy-matchy thing so it doesn't bother me if everyone has different looks. They are individuals with style and I want that to show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a beautiful grey bridesmaid dress from TJ Formal.